Let’s start with the Basics! This article will teach you exactly what a squeeze page is. By the time you’re done reading, you will understand why you need a squeeze page (or ideally multiple squeeze pages) to build your business. Let’s get going…
Answer: It is simply a webpage geared around lead generation. Now in most cases this will be asking someone for their email address – so that you can then follow up by email to convert this lead into a sale.
Here is a short list off the top of my head that applies pretty much to any business:
- Focus obsessively on the M.D.A. – Most Desired Action! I see a lot of squeeze pages trying to do “too much.” Keep in mind the mindset of the person surfing the internet – They will only give you a brief few seconds before they click away. One of the biggest mistakes is losing focus on your squeeze pages.
- Definitely show an image of the “free gift” you are giving them in exchange for their email. According to Wikipedia, over 70% of people are Visual. Give them some eye candy of the free report, video, white paper etc they get in exchange for trusting you with their email address.
- Always try to keep your offer “Above the Fold.” Research has found that less than 4% will scroll down a webpage – so if the best part of your offer is hidden “below the fold” you are lopping off about 96% of potential leads. You MUST keep your offer above the fold.*
* As an aside, this is why the Speed Squeeze Pages software is “above the fold” in design. It consistently converts much better than the other squeeze page designs.
Where do I start? Let’s cover the top three mistakes that nearly everyone seems to be making…
- Slow Loading Pages. I love wordpress… but the big problem they present is they load s-l-o-w-l-y. Ask anyone who does PPV marketing (Pay Per View) where page loading time is critical, and they almost always avoid wordpress like the plague. It just loads too darned slow. (That’s why Speed Squeeze Pages software is NOT based on wordpress. Instead it creates a super fast loading html page to avoid this problem.)
- Ignoring the “design” of the squeeze page. Let me explain this one. I believe that the average internet surfer is incredibly skeptical. If your squeeze page looks “suspect”, it will massively affect your optin rates. I believe having a good looking header, image or ecover, and over color design to be one of the “missing ingredients” in many squeeze pages. Look at Design as the missing x-factor.
- Being too LONG WINDED. If your goal is to make a squeeze page that captures an email address… you have only a few seconds to go for the jugular! Boil down your MDA – Most Desired Action – down to it’s core essentials. In other words, what are the 3 or 4 MONSTER hot buttons that make your free report a “must have for me? Tightening up long winded or overly promotional copy seems to always produce a nice bump in response rates.
If you think that it is too complicated too build terrific looking Squeeze Pages… well than you must watch my instructional video. You get an “over the shoulder view” of how I built a killer squeeze page in under 3 minutes. To watch it go here and optin…